Saturday, December 29, 2012

Adventures In Gardening: Looking Back While Moving Forward

A year ago, on December 30th, 2011, Brenda Haas asked me to write for The#gardenchatBlog and on December 31st, I sat down to post my first Adventures In Gardening column.

In fact, it was a Saturday, like today (though thanks to leap year this year, the date/day is a bit off). This was completely 'uncharted territory' for me. I was super excited and scared at the same time! A little overwhelmed, filled with self-doubt and even a little queasy, but for once, I wasn't going to let fear, or anything else, stop me from doing this.  I spent over two hours writing and revising my first column, Getting To Know You.


(Some of my favorite photos from this first year of Adventures In Gardening)

Now here we are, my first anniversary of writing Adventures In Gardening and I honestly haven't the foggiest idea of how to commemorate such an occasion!  So I'd like to take this time to share my deep appreciation with all of you. Thank you for sticking with me as I felt my way along this new path, during beautiful times in my home & garden, and through heartbreaking bumps in the road like my mothers stroke, my beloved father.in.law's illnesses & passing, Hurricane Sandy and my unpredictable health.

I also couldn't have made it this far without Brenda's continued support, encouragement, friendship and faith in me, nor can I thank her enough for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this blog!

As gardeners, like our gardens, we continue to grow with each passing season & year.  I hope you'll continue to grow with me here as we begin life's journey anew in 2013.

Best wishes and peaceful blessings for the New Year!

I'll see you next time in January.
~Jo

aka Bloomin'Chick. Wife, mother of an angel in Heaven, survivor; a real Jersey Girl. (What you see on those reality shows isn't real!) Writer, photographer, joyful gardener (coastal Zone 7b/mountain Zone 6a) & avid reader. Eclectic, creative & happily married late 30-something who lives at the sea w/her heart in the mountains who happens to be disabled with Seronegative Arthritis & Fibromyalgia.  I blog about my passions & life at Diggin’ Around and my NJ at NewJersey Through My Eyes.   

Be sure to catch more of my daily garden photo shares via #GardenWalk where you can see what's growing around the world right now & share your garden with like-minded folks!

2 comments:

jchapstk said...

Looking forward to another year of posts and pictures.

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

Thanks so much! I am too :-)