Saturday, June 2, 2012

Adventures In Gardening: Coastal Garden Walk

Greetings from my coastal NJ Zone 7b garden on this beautiful Saturday!

The awful heat & humidity of the last week+ finally broke yesterday and we've had nothing but cool, gusty on-shore breezes & windows wide open since.  More rain fell last night and more is on the way in the forecast for tonight & tomorrow.  The triple assault of powdery mildew, black spot & aphids on the Roses seems to be well under control, though the aphids are now attacking the Clematis vines so I got out the soapy baking soda water this morning & sprayed away! I then finished the first round of dead-heading the Roses this season.  Seeds have sprouted and are well under way throughout the garden.  The Hydrangea's are just starting to bloom along with the Salvia.  The first harvest of Raspberries should be ready by 4th of July.  The raised bed needs to be rid of ivy again, coming through the fence from the alley, but that will have to wait until I'm over this nasty cold.

Unable to do much else this week thanks to the aforementioned cold, I took a lot of photos during my garden walks this week.  (I know, I know, my taking a lot of photos of anything is nothing new!) My apologies for being brief today, but they say "a picture is worth a thousand words" and trying to write with this cold is like trying to swim through molasses (or what I might assume that's like) so I thought this week I would let my photos do the talking for me. Here is a slideshow of some of my favorites from the last week:

While at our northern home for Memorial Day weekend, I came up with a plan for my northern garden!  Much to come on that so stay tuned!

What's blooming in your garden right now? Share with me in the comments below and be sure to leave links to your photos/blog posts with photos! 

Until next time...
~Jo
@BloominChick
NJ Zones 7b & 6a
Diggin’ Around

New Jersey Through My Eyes

2 comments:

Bren Haas said...

Your garden is breath taking - thank you for sharing with us!

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

Thank you Brenda :o)