Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chris McLaughlin: Heirlooms and Bunnies


Just when I thought there couldn't possibly be another thing I could love about Chris Mclaughlin, one of my favorite garden writers : I read her favorite quote on facebook which states: "I can't wait to turn 50. That day I become a respectable heirloom." ~ me OH MY WORD...how cute is that?! I am honored to have Christine McLaughlin as our guest host on #gardenchat this Monday on Twitter. I've had many laughs with the West Coast Author who shares on Twitter at : @Suburban_Farmer I first remember chatting with Chris about her bunnies and all the wonderful compost she is able to use in her garden thanks to these adorable little critters she raises. We were having some health issues with that little bunny pictured on the left of this text and Christine was so kind to forward my family of 4H'ers some information about the care of rabbits. Even though Chris grows in the suburban garden and I'm out in the country, we have so much in common. Ms. McLaughlin was a wonderful help my first year of growing green in my garden and greenhouse. I think I've read her "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Composting" (Alpha, May 2010) book at least a dozen times growing completely natural this past year.
.
A few weeks ago Chris' book : "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Heirloom Vegetables" (Alpha, December 2010) was made available on Amazon.com I've received numerous comments and emails on the network from fans who are excited to have Chris McLaughlin as the guest host on the #gardenchat this week. I hope you will join in the chat this week to learn more about Heirlooms. Click on the #gardenchat logo on the right side bar or on this LINK to view more information about this event. I'm super excited to have launched my first podcast here on the BGgarden.com . Please check out my interview with Annie Haven of Manure Tea.com as she share some facts about growing natural and her dream garden that we are going to watch grow via tweets on #gardenchat . More... on the link below.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so looking forward to hearing my Northern California neighbor Chris McLaughlin (aka @suburban_Farmer on twitter) and now Host of #HobbyFarm on Thursday evenings share her wisdom and wit on #gardenchat about all things composting. I am honored to have met Chris several years back in the Virtual Garden known as twitter and I think so highly of her book The Complete Idiots Guide to Composting that I share the information about it with all those that order Authentic Haven Brand "Moo Poo Tea". Working together to share what's good for the garden makes for a win-win for all of us. It's all about sharing and Toiling in the Soil! Annie Haven <|;-)